Learning the Harp
Rave Harp Academy, under the direction of renowned harp educator and concert artist Katryna Tan, STM is a respected school of harp in Singapore and Malaysia, dedicated to nurturing young harpists to a professional level of performance and musicianship.
Committed to Performance Excellence
With a harp lesson program which combines the strict discipline of mastering proper technique, and not forgetting to instill the joy of making music, the Academy’s students have achieved a high level of success in their music journey. Students begin at varying age (from youngest 5). Over the years, the Academy’s students are the first to have carved a name for the regions’s harpist in the international Harp scene, which was unknown before few years back. Some achievements of Harp students from Rave Harp Academy include:
- Performances nationally and internationally
- Charity performances - Outreach to Community for Special Children and in Hospitals
- Achieved ABRSM High Scorer Award
- Won International Harp Competitions
- Selected to perform in FOCUS ON YOUTH in the prestigious World Harp Congress
- Hold harp positions in Singapore Youth Orchestra and other Orchestras in Singapore
- Many Harp students have also graduated from Rave Harp Academy and won places in prestigious schools in Guildhall, UK; Paris Conservatoire of Music, Melbourne Conservatoire of Music (Australia), Birmingham Conservatoire of Music (UK), Royal College of Londond(UK), PURCELL School of Music (UK) for Young Talented, etc.
Sharing the magic of Harp Music
The Academy also believes the Harp can be played and enjoyed by all for purposes of leisure or enrichment. Adult Harp Lessons are also available.
Admission by Interview and Audition. For more information please email [email protected].
Other Special Workshops related to harp
- Composing for Harp
- Getting to Know the Harp